Brochure Type: At Leisure USA and Canada 2017
Delving into the culture of the Deep South taking in cities like Savannah and Charleston, trials and tales of local Civil War history, and the South's famous hospitality.You'll enjoy Insider moments like? taking in the spirit of the south, by visiting the First African Baptist Church from the 1700s. Stroll through the beautiful, historic corridors and discover hiding spots used by escaped slaves who sought their freedom on the Underground Railroad.
- City tour in Savannah, Hilton Head and Charleston
- Visit the First African Baptist Church, Harbor Town Lighthouse, Middleton Place and the Charleston Tea Plantation
- 7 full breakfasts.
- 3 dinners (including Be My Guest).
- 1 lunch.
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (907) 376-5231 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13358514
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Savannah||Arrive Savannah (2 Nights): Welcome to Savannah, the oldest city in the state of Georgia. Rich with history, charm and famous for its hospitality, this lovely city is quintessentially Southern. Your hotel is located in the heart of the Historic District, so enjoy some time to explore or do a little relaxing before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 6 p.m. for a Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
Hilton Garden Inn Historic District
|Day 2||Savannah||Savannah Sightseeing: Begin your day with a trolley tour through historic Savannah discovering 21 historic squares, incredible architecture, the beginnings of the Girl Scouts and much more. Learn about local Civil War history during a visit to Fort Pulaski and discover how the Confederate siege that took place here was a turning point in military history. Tonight, indulge in a Be My Guest dinner at a private beach home on Tybee Island.Full Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 3||Hilton Head||Savannah - Hilton Head (2 Nights): Before departing Savannah, get a real taste of Southern culture during a visit to the First African Baptist Church, a historic church which once served as a stop on the Underground Railroad in the mid-1800s. Meet your Local Specialist who shares stories of this amazing place. There is leisure time for lunch on your own to perhaps find a cosy eatery on River Street along the Savannah waterfront dotted with century-old buildings that have been converted into antique shops, boutiques, galleries, and fabulous restaurants. Take in one of the local museums or historic home tours before departing for the low-country resort town of Hilton Head, an island rich in thousands of years of history. Full Breakfast|
Omni Hilton Head
|Day 4||Hilton Head||Hilton Head At Leisure and Sightseeing: This morning, begin your exploration of Hilton Head and learn about William Hilton, the English sea captain who lent his name to the island. Climb to the top of the Harbor Town Lighthouse, the island's most recognisable feature. Have lunch on your own and then enjoy some free time before meeting with a Gullah historian, and Local Specialist, who reveals tales of ancient traditions, local culture and maybe even a song or two. Tonight, enjoy a Regional Meal.Full Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 5||Charleston||Hilton Head - Charleston (3 Nights): Bid farewell to Hilton Head. This afternoon, visit Middleton Place, a National Historic Landmark and home to America's oldest landscaped gardens. This beautiful spot has remained under the same family stewardship for over 320 years. Continue to explore lovely Charleston, relax at the hotel or join an optional dinner cruise on the harbour featuring live entertainment.Full Breakfast|
Courtyard by Marriott Historic District
|Day 6||Charleston||Charleston Sightseeing and At Leisure: Begin the day with a historic carriage ride through downtown Charleston. See the colourful and well-preserved architecture and witness what makes this city the true epitome of the "Old South". Enjoy lunch at the Charleston Tea Plantation where you visit the tea fields for an informative tour and learn why tea, a Cultural Insight, is at the heart of Southern culture. The remainder of the day and evening are yours to enjoy at leisure.Full Breakfast, Lunch|
|Day 7||Charleston||Charleston At Leisure: Today is yours to enjoy as you please with a full leisure day in Charleston to explore your own interests; perhaps spend the morning at the famous Charleston City Market or tour the Nathaniel Russell House on your own. This evening, gather with your Travel Director and newfound friends for a Farewell Dinner.Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||DEPART CHARLESTON||Depart Charleston: Bid farewell to Charleston with a transfer to the airport for your flight home or extend your stay in Charleston.Full Breakfast|
- Crossovers: All 2016 departures will operate per the 2016 brochure. Hotels and inclusions may vary. Please inquire at the time of booking.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class